Free CAD Workshop in London
Organic Modeling tools for Jewellers & Sculptors
Learn some basic computer aided design tools to use in your creative practice and how to send off models to be 3D-printed.
Saturday 12th August @ 2pm
Thames Side Studios, SE18 5NR
The Education Space (Unit 2)
Help, info and exact location will be given upon subscription.
5-day CAD Course for Beginners in Rhino 3D starting August 14th, Hatton Garden, London.
The Beginners CAD course will cover the Rhino tools and commands that you need to know in order to make basic solid shapes. You will gain an understanding of the interface and how Rhino uses points, lines, surfaces and solids to create printable 3D objects. This course is a great way to play with ideas and be able to create repetitive and complex geometric shapes and/or produce minimalist and elegant jewellery after only a weeks intense training. The course will also enable you to quickly sketch and compare different ideas in terms of size, weight-calculations and look. At the end of the course we will explore rendering pieces through KeyShot, creating realistic visuals of your designs pre-manufacture.
After completing the course your understanding of how the software is structured will enable you to experiment with other tools on your own or progress to the fast paced Intermediate Course where you will learn how surface modeling works and how to create more advanced sculptural items. The intermediate course will give you a broad array of tools that will make your modeling faster and more extensive by giving you several different paths to archive a desired result.
- Setting up the user interface and layer palette
- Points, Lines, Curves, Solids and how they correlate
- Turning curves and lines into solids and complex geometry through repetition
- Using text to create and engrave
- Minimum thickness and other limitations – Things to consider when casting items
- Meshing, checking and exporting – Making objects ready for the 3d printer
- Different 3D printers, different materials, different prices, different qualities – Where, What & When
- How to render visuals to professional standards with the KeyShot (Demo version).
- Designing a range of jewellery pieces – Using basic commands in different ways to create a broad number of items (rings, earrings, pendants, findings et.c.)
£550 (plus materials)
10:00am – 4:00pm
Course Completion Certificate